All signals are tested to achieve the correct connection in the program, and partial and modular tests are done during engineering. They are essential for failsafe inputs/outputs.
The only test carried out on-site is the signal check to ensure the control cabinet receives the signal coming from the field. When the last signal is tested in the area, the system can go into production.
- Detection of almost all technical and functional software errors.
- Tests don’t involve the plant itself.
- Testing of the manual operation level and its interconnections.
- The risks of the software commissioning on-site are nearly eliminated.
- Potential software errors and faults no longer lead to severe consequences to people or equipment. Project delays are effectively avoided.
- Testing the complete process in the office, including the entire data management.
- Complex plant software expansion can be tested.
- OPERATOR TRAINING
- The customer staff is trained before the commissioning.
- Training on emergency scenarios without endangering the “real” system.
- Installation of a virtual system environment for the customer.
- Presentations for the sales department.